Work hard; play hard!

Work hard; play hard!
Consulting in Maui!

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Smash Mats- Expanding Sentences


Now I clearly did not invent this or come up with this idea, but when I saw it I HAD to make my own! I work with a student that seeks sensory stimulation out by pounding the table AND he likes to talk in one word sentences. 
THIS WAS A PERFECT ACTIVITY FOR HIM! 
Guess what? It worked! 
I made a variety of sheets. 
He is _______________________.
She is ________________________.
They are _______________________.
The _________ is _________________.
What ____________________________?
Who ____________________________?
Why ____________________________?

Most of the smash sheets I saw had pictures on them. I decided to leave mine blank so I could use the tons of cards a speechie loves to collect in her career. I put the sheets into protective cover sheets and slip the pictures right in them. That way the playdough doesn't ruin them either. 
So thank you fellow speechies for this SMASHING idea! 
We love crushing the playdough and making better sentences. 



No comments:

Post a Comment