Work hard; play hard!

Work hard; play hard!
Consulting in Maui!

Thursday, March 31, 2016

Expanding Expression Kit- it has arrived!

Well, my week just got better! 
I took a chance and put in a late purchase order to my director of special ed. Fingers and toes crossed and hoping she would forget about the budgetary restrictions that were both spoken and unspoken.....waiting by my door for the UPS person.......waiting.....the door cracks open....a student clerk enters....and what is she holding????? She is holding a glorious box! 

My director must've been in a good mood because I GOT IT! My lovely colleague Kelly told me that this was one of the best items that she had purchased! So, that being said, I just had to have my very own! 

Now I just got it this week, but I have already used it with several of my groups. I have used it with some of my students from the DCD programs (lower cognitive skills). I have also used it with my language and articulation groups. 
I am still figuring it all out, but I am thrilled to have a new tool in my therapy setting. 

I just got off of the phone with the owner of the company, and she was helpful and pleasant to talk with. 

Let the exploring and creative juices begin....I HAVE A NEW TOY! Oh that's right, it is supposed to be about my students. I always know though that when I am working with a new approach my enthusiasm spills over to them and therefore the learning increases. 

I will keep you posted. 

Let the fun begin. Still a speech geek after 30 years! 
I wouldn't want it any other way though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment