Work hard; play hard!

Work hard; play hard!
Consulting in Maui!

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

My favorite activity idea of this year! Communication White Board Game


Well we are half way into the year and I have to say...this is one of my favorite therapy ideas that I came up with this year! The kids still have not gotten sick of playing this and watching to see what the new month brings them. This is my February game board. This month there is one Valentine present that is wrapped and in the Valentine mailbox ($3 at Target). There are only two spots to earn tickets for the end of the month prize. 
As you can see, I have put items on there for my language, pragmatic, and articulation students. I always think that my fluency and voice kids can work on their skills with all of the above. 
All middle school speechies in my district are using this communication board now and have found that their students are just as motivated with it. We did take January off from this activity just so that they would miss it a bit more. 
Plus, January was Pyramid Challenge Month! See previous post for my articulation/language pyramids. This took most of the month to finish these. 
Games are proven to be great for the brain AND the motivation for speech! Some of my students have been in speech for years so I have to keep it interesting. I figure if my students aren't enjoying speech therapy then I am doing something wrong. Life is too short not to have fun in speech therapy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment