Work hard; play hard!

Work hard; play hard!
Consulting in Maui!

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Hink Pinks for Vocabulary FUN!


Click here for a copy of the chart.

Every spring, as my students start getting restless, I pull out the word puzzle contest for the month. I have done analogies, wuzzles, etc. This year I have chosen my favorite again....HINK PINKS! I love HINK PINKS! These are word puzzles that you answer with one syllable rhyming words. Hinky Pinkies are two syllable and Hinkety Pinketies are three syllable rhyming word answers. I find that the one syllable is the best level for my students. These are great for working on vocabulary and overall thinking skills.
In the picture above, you can see that I have a chart that students keep track of their correct answers. These points bring them that much closer to hot cocoa or a root beer float! I usually put up three per week. They can work on them as a group or individually. I also tell them that they can bring them home and get help from their family. This is a great way to draw families into the fun.

I am including Barbara Evans' links for them. She is my favorite creator of them.
She provides them free through TPT. You can also just put hink pinks in Google and there will be sites for you! Have fun!

Click here for Easter Hink Pinks
Click here for St Patrick's Day Hink Pinks

No comments:

Post a Comment