Work hard; play hard!

Work hard; play hard!
Consulting in Maui!

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Linking in again....

I know I have shared this before, but I thought it was worth a mention again. Today I took out the old baby links for conversation with two of my groups. The middle link is the topic; we chose "weekend" as our topic. Then each participant gets to add on a link when they respond or initiate with follow up comments or follow up questions. As you can see, it provides a nice visual of what each participant is contributing. In one of the groups there were eight students so their job was to create a conversational chain with each link representing a comment or question. I was playing the student who always was off topic so I didn't get to add my link to the conversational chain of the group. We talked about how that "breaks" the chain when you add comments that do not stick with the topic without transitioning it. My students always seem to understand this visual.

2 comments: