Work hard; play hard!

Work hard; play hard!
Consulting in Maui!

Monday, October 27, 2014

Eye Contact



So this may be a bit much, but it DID get my students' attention! They all got to take pictures with my big eyes today too. I picked them up at Michael's for $1.00. I do love a good bargain. I also love to hear the laughter of my students when I walk into a classroom and announce that we are working on eye contact with these big googly eyes on. Afterall, it is Halloween week! 
Laugh and have fun with your students; I promise you that the lessons will stick for a longer time. 
The kids each made their own stick with googly eyes on them. Then they hold these sticks to indicate where the eyes of the person that they are talking with are looking. This helps increase awareness of both the speaker and the listener as to where their eye contact is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment