Work hard; play hard!

Work hard; play hard!
Consulting in Maui!

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Social Skills- On Target


Awhile back (okay....maybe many years ago when I was working with my buddy Rebecca P), I created an "On Target Social Skills" unit that we used. We always thought about further developing it, but we never really got around to it. Now I find myself teaching social skills again with a group or two that could probably use the concrete visual of this target concept. So here I go....I am going to try and further develop the sheets and keep adding smaller target sheets for specific skills. Here is my first attempt at trying to remember the intricacies about the initial concept....so very long ago. :-)

Click here for a link to the larger target.
Click here for a link to the mini targets that focus on turn-taking. 
Click here for a link to a larger target on turn-taking.  
Click here for a link to mini targets that focus on listening. 

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I really like this and could see how it would be useful for a couple groups. Thanks for sharing! I noticed there are a couple typos on the mini targets and didn't know if would want to fix and repost. I will be able to use no matter what though. It goes well with a couple other strategies I am trying to use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I blame my old age and eyes. Like I ask my students, "Did you proofread this at all?" Thanks for your kindness of being my proofreader for the day. Do you want a permanent job? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have corrected it and put it up on the site now for you.

    ReplyDelete