Work hard; play hard!

Work hard; play hard!
Consulting in Maui!

Monday, February 17, 2014

Do you know what your goals/objectives are?

There is nothing worse to me than when I ask my students what their goals/objectives are in speech and they respond, "I don't know," or the obligatory shoulder shrug. Okay, maybe there are worse things, but this is one response I dread getting from them. REALLY....you don't know what you have been working on?!? Talk about lack of a learning target. This year, I was determined that every student could answer this the second I asked them. So that became our SEPTEMBER learning target. Now, every once in awhile, I will have one from the group verbalize what everyone's goals/objectives are. THEY CAN DO IT! :-) I also have them write it right on the therapy table in front of them. They seem to love to use the white board markers on the table. So this is just an easy tool to use to keep their targets in the forefront of their brain while they are working in the therapy room.



No comments:

Post a Comment