Work hard; play hard!

Work hard; play hard!
Consulting in Maui!

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Poppin' good time in speech!

The lovely owner from THERASIMPLICITY.COM gave me my first animal popper. It was the penguin popper. Since then I have had to go out and buy 6 more. Geesh! I BLAME HER! We use them all the time in therapy now. I give a present tense (pop it) and the person who catches it has to shout out the past tense BEFORE they catch the pop. I give a multiple meaning word (pop it) and the one who catches the popper has to give me a sentence containing two of the meanings or give me both meanings. I give one to each student and they monitor each other's articulation. They get to pop it at someone on an error. I have a group that works for 20 minutes straight and reach their daily speech goal, the group gets to have popper wars for the next 2 minutes. My kids from the 6th to the 8th grade levels ALL LOVE MY POPPERS! I have a funny feeling that my purchasing days of poppers are not quite done yet. There are more out there. I only wish there was a DUCK! I NEED A DUCK!

1 comment: