Work hard; play hard!

Work hard; play hard!
Consulting in Maui!

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

IPAD- My daily tool as a speechie!

I use my IPAD almost every session in my speech groups. One of my favorite ways to use it is to have my students record themselves in their articulation groups saying their words and/or their sentences. We reverse the screen so they can see it as they are producing it. This provides them a great visual during their productions. Who needs the old fashioned speech mirror when you have an IPAD!?!!? Then we also play it back and they keep track of their own data. I also have sent home snipits of the movies to their parents so they know what and how we are working on their sounds. Frequently, I use another IPAD with the ArtikPik app providing them with words specific to their goals. It also has sentences already created for them. I have three IPADS, thanks to the generosity of a family I worked with in the past, that I would HATE TO LIVE WITHOUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment