Work hard; play hard!

Work hard; play hard!
Consulting in Maui!

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Jenga Bowling


You really can't go wrong with Jenga as a Speech and Language Pathologist! Last week we went Jenga Bowling. I have two sets of Jenga blocks. On this set I have (R) words on one side, (S) words on another, multiple meaning words on the third side and antonyms on the last one. This way I can use it in most of my groups. 
For Jenga bowling we set up the ten Jenga pins and used a steel ball to knock down the pins. They have to either produce the word or sentence of each pin they knock down. For my language kids, they give me the opposite (antonym) of the word in a sentence or provide me with a sentence using both meanings (multiple meaning words) in the sentence. 
We kept score just like a regular game of bowling. It was an easy activity to pull out, and the kids enjoyed it. 
JENGA, JENGA, JENGA! 
So many games; so little time. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment