Work hard; play hard!

Work hard; play hard!
Consulting in Maui!

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Using Switches As Carrier Phrases

Click here for a direct connection to the product- Talk Point Switches

Today I used the Talk Point Switches from Learning Resources to model carrier phrases for a student. Each of the difference colors had a different carrier phrase such as "I want a...", "I need a...", "I see a...", etc. Then we used the Red Button for applause and "GOOD JOB SEAN!"
You can use them for a variety of other purposes also. 
For my higher functioning classes, I have used them as a therapy choice surprise. So I put five options for therapy that day and choose one student to push the button. Whatever the button says is the therapy activity of the day. 
I have also used them as a prize rewarder. So if they have completed a contest they get to push the buttons to see what reward they earn. Sometimes I even put a ZONKER prize.

No comments:

Post a Comment