Work hard; play hard!

Work hard; play hard!
Consulting in Maui!

Friday, October 12, 2012

Puzzle Pieces of Conversation

Puzzle Pieces of Conversation- I found these wonderful foam puzzle pieces in the dollar bin at my favorite store (TARGET) and immediately added them to my cart! I talk about conversation as a puzzle with my students all of the time. I tell them their piece of the puzzle (statement) needs to fit into the puzzle (conversation) we are working with. So here I give the kids a certain number of puzzle pieces (depending upon the level of their language skills) and have them add it to the puzzle when they make a statement or ask a question that is related to the conversation at hand. If their statement is off target I tell them that they must be working on a different puzzle than the rest of them and have them correct it before they can add to our puzzle.

Click here for a sheet you can use as a poster or visual for this lesson.
Click here for another example.
Click here for yet another example....I know...overkill! :-)

2 comments:

  1. I can't access the third worksheet... Help! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about that.....I changed the setting so you should have access to it now. Thanks! amy

    ReplyDelete