Work hard; play hard!

Work hard; play hard!
Consulting in Maui!

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Categories


I needed some simple category cards and was too lazy (okay...impatient) to find some on the internet so I made my own. They are SIMPLE but functional! I have a few levels of vocabulary cards. I have also used cards from memory games for my younger students. Then I just either hand the students the cards, hand them a stack of cards and their own category cards, or have them take turns from the pile and sort them according to categories. This is a GREAT pre-vocabulary skill for all students.

 Click here for a GREAT site for leveled vocabulary cards with pictures!! Kudos to this site!!!
Click here for Category One Sheet.
Click here for Category Two Sheet.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Amy, I was interested in your problem solving pages, but google docs says I'm not allowed to see them! Do you have a password on them? I'm a lifer too, but haven't worked as many years as you because I was able to stay home with each of my 3 boys for a good while. I've now got about 21 years in! I love looking at different blogs to see what everyone else is doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me go and check on them for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you ask for permission to have access? I have had several request this without a problem. I did change the access permission for the first two worksheets. Let me know if this helps you out, and I would be more than happy to change the rest of them. Otherwise, just ask for permission and I will grant you access to view them. Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete