Work hard; play hard!

Work hard; play hard!
Consulting in Maui!

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

LEFT RIGHT CENTER and poker chips!

Left Center Right Dice and a bunch of poker chips- 
I purchased a poker chip set at Target (Yes, my favorite store!) and the dice LEFTCENTERRIGHT game. The poker chip set came with five different colored chips and four sets of each of the colors. I use my blue chips for my (r) sounds, red for my (ch) sounds, white for my (s) sounds, etc. I also have one entire set reserved for my language students. Each of this colored set represents antonyms, synonyms, multiple meaning words, irregular plurals, and irregular verbs. This way I can customize the game for each of the students in the different groups. In the ideal world you know we would have articulation groups and language groups, but in the "real" world of speech you know we have combination groups! It all makes life more fascinating! 
Anyway the way we play this game is I give the student three chips to start with. Each of the chips has a word written on each side of it. So to start out the game I have each of the students produce the words or put their words in sentences before we even start. This way I get a minimum of six targets right away. Then they roll the LEFTCENTERRIGHT dice. They play according to the rules. The dot allows them to keep a chip, the star makes them put a chip in the middle, and the right or left have them pass one of their chips on to the player on their left or right. Now you can just play it with dice too. 1= save, 2= save (or pass it across the table), 3= save, 4= put in the middle, 5= pass to your right, and 6= pass to your left. 

The object is to get it down to one FINAL chip. The person has to SAVE that chip by finally rolling a dot or a 1-3 on a regular die. If it ends up in the pot then no one wins or there is a double prize for the next game. One last thing...you only roll the number of dice that you have chips. So if you have one chip you only roll one die. If you have 3 or more chips you would roll three die...never more than three. Oopppss....did I say one last thing...I meant TWO last things.....once you run out of chips you are NOT out of the game; someone can roll you back in and then you are good to play again!

How do you get the speech practice in there?? Every time they have to pass the chip off or put it in the middle they have to produce the word or put it in the sentence. 

This has been a hit so far! 
In case you are wondering, I just wrote with a permanent marker on the poker chips.

3 comments:

  1. If you cannot find these, you can just use regular dice. 4-center, 5-right and 6-left I have also added a 2-pass across in the group when playing with an even amount of people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hanya di RUBYQQ Kamu Akan Menjadi Pemenang !

    JOIN NOW !

    TERJAMIN NO BOT! NO TRICK! REAL, STRAIGHT & FAIR GAME !

    BEST OF THE BEST POKER ONLINE EVER CREATED !

    PLAY REAL GAME FOR THE REAL MONEY!

    ♠ POKER
    ♣ DOMINO 99
    ♦ CAPSA SUSUN
    ♥ ADU Q
    ♦ BANDAR Q
    ♣ BANDAR POKER
    ♠ SAKONG

    Untuk Registrasi silahkan klik link di bawah ini ^^

    http://rubyqq88.blogspot.com/

    Jadilah Milionare Sekarang Juga Hanya di Ruby ^^

    Hubungi Customer Service Kami Stand By 24 Jam

    Livechat 24 jam : Official site rubyqq

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your contents provide me a lot of creative suggestions that I can seemingly utilize on my web page too.domino 99

    ReplyDelete