Work hard; play hard!

Work hard; play hard!
Consulting in Maui!

Monday, September 17, 2012

As a speech/language pathologist and personally, I have never been a fan of Apples to Apples. I know!! Shock and awe! It is like creating the original sin according to the sp/lang bible. I am a fan of the Apples to Apples Dice game though that I picked up at Target (You would think I am part of Target's marketing as much as I plug this store!) this weekend.
I used it with my articulation kids and language kids alike today. They all seemed to like it. It was great to work on understanding what adjectives and nouns are and how adjectives can be used to expand sentences. I did use a small white board to help them with a basic sentence pattern to begin with. Then after that I let them create their own sentences using both the adjective and the noun. 
I adapted the game a little by having them start with five chips and then put the chip in the can once they were chosen as the best argument for the adjective. They liked getting rid of their chips for some reason better than earning them. 
So now I am a fan of Apples to Apples; however, I only am a fan of the dice version! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment