Work hard; play hard!

Work hard; play hard!
Consulting in Maui!

Friday, September 14, 2012


ARTICULATION- I use the Trivial Pursuit pie pieces and pies for many things in therapy. I use the questions from the game or the Disney Trivial Pursuit game to practice on articulation reading and carryover into sentences. The kids really like earning the pie pieces. I found that this works well with students who are gifted also because they like the challenge of the trivia. I have never been good at Trivial Pursuit so that enjoyment escapes my understanding! :-) I find that the Disney one if even tough for me! I think that is another thing that my students love though...my ineptness of the trivial. You could also describe (r) words or (s) words to work on those specific articulation skills.

LANGUAGE- For my students who are more cognitively delayed I have used it when we are describing items. I have picture cards and give them hints or descriptors one at a time. Then the person who guesses the item correctly from the description gets the designated colored pie piece. 



GENERIC- You can use the pie pieces and pies for many different activities. I have used it over and over again and find that my students really don't get bored with earning them.

No comments:

Post a Comment